PROGRESSIVE ROCK
MINI-GUIDE & CATALOG - Edition 2007

After three years of intense research. I present to you my MINI-GUIDE TO PROGRESSIVE ROCK Part I & II and my catalog - Edition 2007. It covers over 5000 brillant prog bands to whom countless new groups refer to when laying claim a PROGRESSIVE ROCK heritage that started some forty years ago.
ENJOY YOUR READING AND HAPPY DISCOVERIES...! - Ronald Couture (founder of ProgArchives)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

PROG ARCHIVES.com

Your ultimate Prog Rock resource…!

My knowledge of progressive music has greatly increased in recent years, thanks to good friends like Bruno Aun, a designer who introduced me to the Internet, and my very dear friend, M@X (Prog Archives Administrator and WebMaster). The “archives” were inspired (and continue to be driven) by M@X’s and my desire to promote our passion for this music via our own Web site. Today, PROG ARCHIVES brings me a lot of info, new “net” friends, and pleasure, as I continue to discover many great prog artists from every corner of the earth, and thus learn more and more about the music I love so.

PROG ARCHIVES is the result of some friends’ passion for progressive rock, a kind of music that (in case you didn’t know) crosses and combines many musical genres (jazz, classical, folk), resulting in a unique, original and often challenging style. Our “project” is open to everyone who wants to add his or her own contribution. Anyone who loves prog can review here, exchange opinions, and find other prog lovers with whom to share their thoughts and passion for this excellent music. In fact, the site’s pages have the express purpose of letting you enter step-by-step into the fantastic “prog world.”

Here at PROG ARCHIVES, we are proud to serve fans of progressive music with any information we can: bands, biographies, discographies, song titles and durations, pictures of album covers, helpful reviews and samples* from some of the finest artists of the prog scene, from the time-honoured past to the exciting present. Progressive music is full of vibrant and pleasant memories and associations for fans like me, as we find ever more cross-connections within its (still expanding) scope. Thanks to the Internet, the progressive movement is experiencing a revival of interest from a dedicated, sophisticated and growing audience.

For people wanting a more in-depth list, I’ve included a link to the excellent Prog Archives (English version) below. A warning, though: the site could take a lifetime to read, so don’t plan on having a social life…!

My love to you all,
Keep on proggin!

http://www.progarchives.com

*NOTE: These are not complete albums. If you like what you hear from the samples, please buy the full-length releases.